Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Frustration...

Its the summer, and I wish it was the fall.  For real? I must be one of the weirdest college kids around.  I guess it's not the school i miss, what am i saying? i KNOW its not the school i miss.  i miss the community, the family i left in charleston.  some days are harder then others and today is just one of those days.  i dont really have anything else to add to that, just needed to throw it out there. 

today also was hard for another reason.  God gave me a little, "dont run away from this situation" moment on the way to work this morning and again on the ride home that afternoon.  I was listening to some needtobreathe, hillsong, and other great christian bands when this thought came to my head.  Man i wish we could sing this song in worship, and again on the next song.  To be honest this isnt the first time this thought has run through my head, it actually comes quite frequently.  It was during that moment that God tapped me on the shoulder and asked, why?  Why would you like to sing this song at your next church service?  I quickly tried to come up with an answer i knew was a lie to cover up my real motives, but thats a joke right? Coming up with a lie to fool God. Yeah, I'm very stubborn.  I know and i'm working on it. 

Truth is, i want to sing those songs because i like them.  Because i enjoy singing them.  Not because they praise God in some way thats more amazing than others.  No, its all about me.  Again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment